Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Schweinfurt, Carolyn, and London

Hello from across the big pond! Today was a sad/happy day. I had to leave Jake and Heather, but I have finally met my pen-pal of 41 yrs, Carolyn. I actually got off the plane and found an Express Train to Paddington Station, then found a taxi to my hotel and all of that was by myself! Am I proud? You bet your bottom dollar! Carolyn was waiting in the lobby when I arrived! We knew each other right off of the bat. Then, we went to find the queen, but she wasn't home! Her flag was not flying! Tomorrow will be a busy day as we are going out site seeing again.
I posted pictures of Heather, Jake, and I in Schweinfurt at an Italian restaurant and also at the Resendezplatz there( government bldg.). Hitler made a speech in that place at the beginning of WWII. Jake showed me a picture of it in one of his books! Spooky!There is a picture of Carolyn on the way to the palace as well as one of the palace. Well, just wanted to leave a post so you know I'm still here. I'll be back tomorrow night...see you then, love, Deb
Steve, you didn't go to Wurzburg so, NO MAS for you!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Wish I had stayed, temp's are getting near 100 for the weekend. How about some pic's from the London museum?
    Love Ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great! I hope you had as much fun as I did and are now well-versed in London Street Culture. Enjoy Pret a Manger! Much Love, Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete