Monday, July 26, 2010

Wurzburg, Germany, Biergarten,vineyards

I can't believe that this is my last night in Germany with Jake and Heather! Tomorrow morning, I will fly out of Frankfurt for London where I will meet my pen-pal, Carolyn for the first time in 41 yrs. My European Whirl is about to go into warp speed. I will miss the "kids" so much, but am comforted by the knowledge that they will be home for Christmas. All of my kids home at the same time (Jake and Heather and Caley and Ryan)...what more could a mother ask for for Christmas?
I have posted some pictures of our trip to Wurzburg..about 25 minutes away from Volkach and also located on the Main River. The huge bldg. is the Residenzplatz, a very old government bldg. It is surrounded by beautiful flower gardens and statues. The castle is up on a hill with vineyards growing down the slope to the river. The barges go through a series of locks as they move along the river. We stopped at a biergarten and Jake ordered a Mas. A giant beer! The pretzels here are the best I've ever tasted. We ate dinner at a wonderful Thai restaurant and then headed home. We passed miles and miles of vineyards which are about to be harvested. A sight to behold...you can't begin to imagine how gorgeous they are. My post tomorrow may be a little late as I have to check into a hotel and get internet service, but I will get back to you all soon! Love and miss you, Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment