Sunday, August 8, 2010

Florence and the Swiss Alps

Here I am in Lucerne, Switzerland! It was 60degrees today nd now it's about 45. No need for air conditioning/we have the windows open in the hotel room. My room overlooks Lake Lucerne and the Alps...It's really beautiful. There was a Swiss dinner tonight and local show that we attended. We were served veal stroganoff and potatoes....potatoes are served every day! Tomorrow, many of our group are going up a cable car to the top of a mountain...I opted out of that excursion..did that and don't care to be scared out of my wits again....so, I'm going shopping/window shopping. Switzerland is the most expensive place in Europe! We stopped at a Burger King for lunch (we were so excited!) A Whopper, fries, and coke was $16.50!!!!! There is a family of 6 on our tour, All had the whopper meal...you do the math!My breakfast and dinner is included with my tour cost tomorrow, thank goodness! We will leave Lucerne on Tuesday morning for Paris, France.I'll blog again tomorrow...Love, Deb The pictures show Florence from a hilltop,sunflowers by the road, Lake Como Italy, A view of the lake and mountain from my window in Lucerne

No comments:

Post a Comment