Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Innsbruck and Tyroli Show

We left Germany today and headed to Insbruck, Austria through the Alps. This time I saw the Zugspitz Mountain from the Austrian side.I wasn't able to take pictures because the clouds were so low. When the bus arrived at our hotel, we all went shopping! The Old Town is very pretty with cobblestones and lots of shops. The Swavorski crystal mine is here and so is a 3 story crystal shop selling their things! The Austrians are known for their lace goods also. I included some pictures of the street with a lady painted in silver paint standing on a pedistal...Must be the thin g to do here...2nd day I've seen this! After dinner, we left to see a yodeling and dancing show by the Tyroli people here...Innsbruck is in the Tyrol Region of Austria. Lots of yodeling and laughing going on...the more the beer flowed the more rambuncious (sp...it's late) the crowd became. The 2 guys in front of me never moved so their heads are in all of my pictures! Tomorrow morning we leave for Venice, Italy and the glass factory. I'd better fall into bed, these days of getting up at 5:30 are getting old!:) The bus leaves at 7:15...too early! Love you, Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment