Friday, August 6, 2010

Sorry

I have been trying to send pictures and to blog for 3 days now, but my computer says that my picture files are corrupt....not good since I have no idea what to do about it. My pictures are still here on my camera and on my camera disk...haven't lost those 700 pictures yet...anyway, if I can't get it to work in Florence italy tomorrow then my European blog will end here...I will let you in on what I've been up to these past few days...We went to Venice, saw the glass blowers in the Murano glass factory, floated down the canals in a gondola while being serenaded,saw St. Mark's Square and shopped! Venice was like a world on a different planet! After driving for another day we made it to Rome. The ruins of so many ancient places are on every street and under every street. We went to the Pantheon, which is totally intact after over 2000 years. St. Peter's Basillica is beautiful and the
vatican is unelieveable. Hard to believe that the Pope has such a huge place to live. I was able to tour the colosseum this morning and walk where the gladiators once fought. Tonight's tour was to the Trevi Fountain...Boy did I remember the movie Three Coins in a Fountain when I saw it. I tossed my 3 pennies into the fountain and made my 3 wishes! Ha! It's now 11:15 at night and we are leaving for Florence very early in the morning...sorry about no photos..hope it's a temporary problem! Love you all, Deb









f

No comments:

Post a Comment